The Route 66 Hotel and Conference Center is a family-friendly and a pet-friendly hotel! Set your mind at ease and stay where the kids and pets are welcome.
Let’s just start with our fantastic outdoor swimming pool. During the summer months, you can keep the kids busy for hours here.
In addition, the Springfield area has many attractions for your younger companions:
- Knight’s Action Park is just a few minutes away – and ask about our Knight’s Action Park package!
- The Illinois State Fair, every year in mid-August is great fun, whether you are a kid or just a kid at heart.
- The Lincoln thing… Need we say more?
- Kid-favorite dining just across the street – and down the street, and up the street…
- And did we mention Springfield parks? From the Sangamon River trails at Carpenter Park to the Southwind solar bee to Henson Robinson Zoo on Lake Springfield – Springfield has a park for you and your children!
- Need a rainy day activity? How about Scheel’s Sporting Goods, just down the interstate – with a huge fish tank, batting cages and other interactive games for kids and adults. Or maybe ErgaDoozy is more your style.
Check out more Route 66 family activities on our Route 66 page…
We happily accept well-behaved dogs in our rooms. Please ask about our pet policy when you make your reservation.
In addition, the Springfield area has many attractions for your furry companions:
- Plenty of parks within close driving distance, including several parks with facilities just for pooches.
- The Capitol Canine Training Club sponsors regular dog shows at the Illinois State Fair and training events at their Chatham IL training center.
- Multiple dog-grooming facilities are available in the Springfield area.